Unique Native American Art !
Authentic Native American Pottery & Jewelry
By Choctaw Artist Marsha Hedrick
(member Oklahoma Choctaw Nation)
I have just added 2 new videos to the Information
section of this website. Thse are demonstration videos showing how the Burnished finish
of the pottery is accomplished and how the designs from the Ancient Mimbres are painted
- Original one of a kind hand built Native American pottery. Utilizing both hand dug and commercial clay bodies
- wood fired pottery.
- Animal effigy pieces (bottles and pots with animal forms). Reproductions of ancient pots. Original animal pieces.
- Interpretations of ancient Mississippian period (1200-1500 A.D.) Mound builder designs
- Contemporary designs with interesting materials. Techniques not often seen in Native American pottery designs
- Fresh interesting ideas
- Original designs. Traditional hand dug clay pieces which are wood fired. High fired porcelain or stoneware pieces.
- Sculpted porcelain jewelry in the shapes of well known Native Americn icons. Arrowhead, feathers, eagle, etc.
- Intricate hand painted miniature art pieces featuring photo realistic animals.
- Individually made by well known miniature artist, IGMA Fellow Marsha Hedrick.
- Porcelain jewelry using unique hand made hand painted porcelain beads and components.
- Hand Beaded jewerly featuring hand made cabs, beads, pendants.
- Native American totems with powerful animal totems. Wolves, eagles, foxes, turtles, rabbits are frequent subject matter.
- Jewelry made in the shape of birds or animals.
- Mound builder designs are utilized as a starting point for creating unique new jewelry .
- Sculpted pieces, hand made from fine porcelain or stoneware. Most are glazed.
- Meticulous hand painted pieces. China paints are used to create a unique miniature piece of art.
- China Painting process requires the painting and firing of each piece from 3 to 10 times to achieve the depth of color and detail which you see.
- The artwork will not rub off or fade.
- Each of these authentic American Indian art heirlooms can be worn and passed down for generations to come.
- Each piece comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- The significance or origin of the design, traditional powers associated with a given animal, history included with each piece.
Celtic designs, oriental style dragons and asian inspired designs are also available as separate beads and pendants. To see these other designs please visit Marsha's Bead shop.